Jump to navigation
- NO FIRE IN THE MILL. This includes no smoking, candles, incense or smudge. The only exceptions are using the pellet stove and using smudge, incense or candles for group rituals in the Conference room.
- FIRE PLAN. Familiarize yourself with the location of the fire escape ladders and fire extinguishers in the Bunk Room and Conference Room.
- LAND. Heathcote land includes 37 acres on the Mill side of the road and the property across from the Mill with the pond and the large lawn. The cabin land is 68 acres around the cabin and the downhill side of the "mossy trail". Please stay on Heathcote land. If you do run into a neighbor, please say hello and identify yourself as a person staying at Heathcote.
- BATHROOMS. Please conserve water in the bathrooms. Flush only when necessary. Don't put tampons down the toilet. Don't use the shampoos or soaps that belong to community members.
- KITCHEN. Please compost organic waste and recycle plastic, paper glass and metal. Don't leave any food out at night because it will attract rodents. Conserve water when you do the dishes. Our kitchen is vegetarian with occasional fish. Do not cook or store red meat or poultry at Heathcote.
- NUDITY. Nudity is OK but you must be clothed when in sight of the county road.
- WASPS. Be aware that there are wasps in the Mill. Check your clothes and bedding for wasps. They will generally leave you alone as long as you don't antagonize them. There is a first aid kit in the Mill with homeopathic remedies and other medications for wasp bites.
- BARE FEET. For your own protection, we recommend that you wear shoes or slippers. Inside you may get splinters and outside there may be broken glass and other hazards.
- POISON IVY & TICKS. Be aware that there is poison ivy on our land. There are also ticks that may carry Lyme disease. Please check yourself for ticks after walking in the woods or tall grass.
- FLOWERS. Please do not pick the flowers without permission.
- SMOKING. Please do not smoke in or around any of the buildings. Ask a member where the designated smoking areas are.
- DRUGS AND ALCOHOL: Heathcote Community requests that you not use drugs or alcohol on Heathcote land.
- GUNS: Guns are not permitted at Heathcote.