We have found that the best way for people to get a taste of our community life is to join us for a community work day. This works well because most of us are here and we are able to talk and share while working together. We have community work days during our regularly scheduled visitor days. The upcoming visitor days are: October 28, 2017.
TO SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT, EMAIL INFO@HEATHCOTE.ORG.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL KAREN AT 410-357-9523 OR EMAIL INFO@HEATHCOTE.ORG.
Visitor Day Agenda
The typical schedule for Visitor Days is as follows:
|9:30 AM - 10:00 AM||Arrival and registration|
|10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Community work day. Join us for hands-on projects! Projects may include gardening, light carpentry, cleaning, groundskeeping etc.|
|12:00 PM - 1:30 PM||Lunch and clean-up|
|1:30 PM - 3:00 PM||Community tour|
|3:00 PM - 4:00 PM||BREAK|
|4:00 PM - 6:00 PM||Dinner preparation and/or informal socializing|
|6:00 PM - 7:30 PM||Dinner and clean-up|
Fees and Work Exchange
The suggested donation for attending Visitor Day are as follow:
- Community tour: Sliding scale donation: $5-$10 per person
- Food: Sliding scale donation: $10-$20 per day per person or bring vegetarian food to share.
- Lodging: Please let us know if you're coming from a distance and need to place to stay.
What to Bring
A list of things to bring to Visitor Day includes:
Here are a few important policies to keep in mind when you visit:
- Do not bring dogs or cats with you on your visit.
- We prefer that you not use tobacco products at Heathcote. If you do, please do not smoke in or around any of the buildings. Ask a member where the designated smoking areas are.
- Do not use drugs or alcohol on Heathcote land.
We also request that you review our complete list of policies before you come. Thanks!