This membership application is part of a formal process that must be completed in sequencial order. PLEASE DO NOT SEND US THIS APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE VISITED HEATHCOTE AT LEAST ONCE. The application can be mailed to Heathcote Community, 21300 Heathcote Rd., Freeland, MD 21053 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a $50 application fee- checks can be made to Heathcote Center.
NOTE: It's helpful for us if you include the questions with your answers.
Full Membership Application Questions
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail.
- Names and ages of any children or pets that would be living with you on at least a part-time basis.
- Names and phone numbers of emergency contacts.
- Why do you want to become a member of Heathcote Community?
- What do you hope Heathcote Community will offer you?
- What do you expect to contribute to Heathcote (anything from skills to attitude or personality)?
- What is your experience or background regarding living with groups?
- What did you like about it?
- What conflicts or problems did you experience or observe?
- What feedback from others have you gotten regarding the experience of living with you?
- How do you feel about living in a group house or shared living space?
- HC often hosts programs such as internships, visitors, educational workshops, and community businesses. These programs often bring groups of visitors into the community; do you have any concerns about sharing community space with people in this way?
- How do you see yourself being involved with any of these programs at Heathcote?
- How will you support yourself financially while living at Heathcote?
- Do you have any debts or other issues that may affect or preclude meeting the financial responsibilities of being a member of Heathcote?
- How do you plan to handle your transportation needs while living at Heathcote?
- Please describe your involvement in any volunteer work.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- Please describe your spiritual path and how community relates to it.
- What personal relationships do you have that may influence your participation in community? Please describe.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?
- What is your experience with children?
- What is important to you about interacting with children?
- What are your health concerns or special needs? Do these require any accommodations?
- What is your usual diet?
- Do you have any special dietary needs?
- What concerns do you have about the diet at Heathcote (vegetarian with eggs, milk and some fish available)?
- What further information would you like from us?
- Please provide two letters of recommendation – one from a former employer and one from a personal friend.
- We plan to run a criminal and credit background check. Please provide your date of birth.
- If there are no living spaces available, would you be interested in buying a house on adjacent land, or building a new structure on Heathcote land? If not, we have a waiting list for community spaces.
Thank you for answering these questions. Our membership Liaison will contact you after we review your application.