Heathcote is an intentional community located 30 miles north of Baltimore, MD and 20 miles south of York, PA. It is nestled in a narrow wooded stream valley on a 44 acre community land trust plus a 68 acre plot of woods that's owned by some of our members. We are a community of friends and family who choose to live cooperatively and consciously create a better way of life. We strive to care for one another and for the natural systems that nurture us. Our diet is organic and vegetarian.
Living Sustainably ... Together.
Web Site Features to Check Out
- We're looking for people to come live with us here at Heathcote. Is Heathcote the place for you?.
- If you'd like to visit Heathcote, please look at the visitor page. Our calendar has a schedule of upcoming visitor days.
- Also, please join our email list to participate in the online community and receive emails about upcoming events.
- We're really excited to have had an anthropology student, Angela Greco, make a film about Heathcote! You can watch the movie to find out a bit more about us.
- For information about permaculture workshops see the Permaculture page. For long-term learning experiences, please check out our internship program!
What's New at Heathcote
- We've changed how we're doing our events email list. We'll be using Mail Chimp from now on. To join our email list, follow this link.
- Our next Visitor Day will be on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
- Some of us from Heathcote are planning to go to the Twin Oaks Communities Conference on Labor Day weekend. Will we see you there? Find out more on their Facebook page.
- Our next Permaculture Design Course starts September 20-21, 2014!
- Watch the Heathcote Movie! Take a look at our Photo Album! Like our Facebook page!
- Our 2014 educational offerings include internships and workshops.
- We just found out about an old video from 1979 that has a solar exhibit with a "Heathcote Center" sign on it. Is there anyone out there from the old days who has any information about the event? If so, please email us!
Recent blog posts
We have lost and are losing a few more members. John and Mary are now gone, and Nick and Rachel are in the process of moving on. We also lost our gardener, Julie (although Betsy is doing a great job replacing her). So if you've been thinking about living in community, now is a great time to apply to be a Heathcote member!
Also, we're working on preparations for our 50th anniversary, coming up next year. Stay tuned for the announcement for a BIG PARTY to celebrate!